Friday, July 31, 2009

What if the Hokey Pokey IS What it is all About????




Last night we went "old school" at our house, and hit the local roller rink!! Remember the days.....your Mom would drop you off at the roller rink, and you would be excited and nervous to see if your "crush" would be there also? "Chicago" would be playing while you and your friends skated to the flashes of the strobe lights (God...now I really feel old!)!!! Turns out that not much has changed! There is still the creepy older guy that has all of the skate moves, the masses of kids, the pre-teens flirting, etc....But what HAS changed is the music and my ability to skate. Back in the day, I was "hell on wheels". I am not sure if it was because I was dragging my youngest daughter, or maybe I have lost my skating talent, but I am Sloooooowwwww..... Last night was $2 skate night at Red Bird Skateland, and I recommend you check out your local skating rink for their discount days/nights. Turns out that what was fun when I was a kid...still is. It is not easy to entertain my whole family for under $10, so this is going to become a regular occurrence on our family calendar.


After a few days of looking like spilt shit, I decided to actually get dressed this morning in something picture worthy.


White t-shirt- $4 thrift store


Black Theory shorts- $10 estate sale


Manolo Blahnik shoes- $8 Thrift store


Pucci scarf- FULL PRICE Neiman Marcus

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! It's very fun to read. Manolo's for $8? Seriously?! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very much!!! It is a fun thing to be talented at!!!!

    ReplyDelete