Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yoohoo....Emilio Pucci Calling!!!


The Pucci trio!


Tailor-made using vintage Pucci for Braniff airlines fabric!




And the fabric...

Soooooo......anyone who knows me and my love of secondhand shopping, also knows that I have been on a quest for a Pucci dress for what seems like my whole life!! Somehow, it has been the one item that has eluded me, although along the way....I have found many fabulous Pucci items that have been added to my "collection"!! Earlier this summer while perusing the offerings at Buffalo Exchange, I found a large piece of Pucci fabric for $25. I couldn't believe my good luck and knew right away that I would use the fabric to create my dream dress. I immediately began to look for a seamstress to help me in my endeavor (I do own a sewing machine, but have not yet removed it from its box), but found it was difficult to find anyone who wanted to sew a simple dress for me. I soon lost faith, and knew that when the time was right, the dress would find its maker!







A few months passed and I received a text one day from a fellow Buffalo Exchange enthusiast who has become a good friend. In our thirst for affordable fashion, we have bonded! The text included a photo of a gorgeous Pucci dress that had just been bought at Buffalo Exchange and was put on hold for ME!!!! I was beyond excited. It was the perfect dress, and I could tell from the picture that it was the perfect fit!! I scooted on over to BE with some items to unload, and left 30 minutes later with a gorgeous Pucci dress and $1.50!







A few weeks ago, I found a wonderful designer who was able to make my vision for a simple Pucci shift dress a reality! Youn from Younique Designs by Youn was kind enough to tackle the project for a very affordable price. We had a few fittings and my dress was progressing fantastically! As I was waiting patiently for my dress to be complete, the Pucci gods smiled on me yet again, and I found another dress at Buffalo Exchange. Again, I went through my closet and traded some old goodies in order to be able to bring the beautiful dress home, and again I was victorious! As I was completing my BE trade for the 2nd Pucci dress, I got a text from Youn that my tailor-made dress was complete! I have to say it was a bit overwhelming!! Years I waited for a Pucci dress and in a matter of months...I have three!! Sometimes when it rains, it pours....Pucci that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment