Wednesday, February 3, 2010
A Buffalo Exchange 12 Step Program
Vintage tooled leather bag $50 Buffalo Exchange
Smythson Wallet- $6 Buffalo Exchange
Etro moto jacket- $85 Buffalo Exchange
Big, Fabulous cocktail Ring $17 Buffalo Exchange
Manolo Blahniks- $40 Bufflo Exchange
OUT OF POCKET= $0 How could there be a better way to shop??????
I beleive an intervention might be needed, because I am a hopeless Buffalo Exchange addict. It has become so terrible that even the employees are reminding me that I am not supposed to be there! Never mind that I always feel so proud of myself when I go and sell my belongings there and that cash is rarely used....but I never fail to leave with new stuff! Here is my version of the 12 steps....translated for Buffalo Exchange:
1. I am powerless when faced with bargains....my closet has become unmanageable!
2. A power greater than myself is maneuvering my vehicle towards the nearest Buffalo Exchange!
3. I have made a decision to turn my will over to this greater power...therefore absolving myself of any guilty feelings!
4. I made a searching and fearless inventory of my closet.
5. I will admit to all of you the nature of my problem.
6. I have to be ready to remove all defects from my wardrobe (I like this one....does it mean I get to have replacements).
7. I will humbly ask my girlfriends to help me remove my fashion faux pas.
8. I will make a list of all the people who have not benefited from this habit, and promptly rectify by buying them a present.
9. I will make direct amends to them in the form of cute clothing/accessories, unless doing so will offend them in which case, I will buy something for myself.
10. Continue to take a closet inventory and when I have done wrong....I will return to Buffalo Exchange.
11. I will meditate on when enough is enough and hope that this point has been reached!
12. I will try unsuccessfully to tell this to all of my friends who are also afflicted with the Buffalo Exchange addiction!!!
There.....rules to live by! I am starting today.....so all of my fabulous friends at my local Buffalo....be ready to feel my absence (but if anything great comes in....could you please call??)!!!!